Views: 123 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-07-07 Origin: Site
Optical fiber patch cable is a common component of connecting equipment and network components in optical communication. In order to ensure normal optical transmission and durability of optical fiber, it is necessary to be familiar with the user's instructions and precautions. This article introduces the precautions when using and maintaining fiber patch cables.
Fiber patch cable can be used in many network devices, such as optical transceiver modules, fiber adapter panels, fiber cassettes, media converters and other products with fiber interface. The following section describes the specific steps to connect and disconnect the fiber patch cable.
1. Remove the rubber safety covers covering the fiber connector at both ends of the fiber patch cable, and remember to keep these covers in good condition.
2. Remove the cover from the optical transceiver.
3. Insert the cable connector into the optical transceiver.
4. Fix the fiber patch cable by placing fixing components on the loop to help cables maintain their shapes.
1. Disable the interface for installing the optical transceiver by running the command.
2. Carefully pull the cable connector out of the transceiver.
3. Cover the transceiver with a rubber safety cover.
4. Cover the cable connector with a rubber safety cover.
Some problems should be noted during the connecting and disconnecting process:
1. The installer needs to be familiar with the network layout to ensure the quality and safety of the installation.
2. Wear safety glasses and safety glasses to avoid touching fiber fragments. Anti static wrist strap is a necessary device to reduce static electricity.
3. Pay attention to the bending radius of the fiber patch cords. Excessive pulling or squeezing may cause damage to fiber patch cords.
4. Do not let the fiber patch cords hang free from optical transceivers or run free on the floor randomly. It is very likely to stress the cables at the fastening point or break the cables once pulling the cables accidentally.
5. When there is a laser coupling to the end of the cable, do not look directly at the end of the cable to ensure your eye safety.
6. Avoid inserting or removing the fiber patch cable from the equipment frequently, otherwise the end face of the fiber will be worn.
7. Clean the work area thoroughly after installation.
The daily maintenance of optical fiber patch cable is very important in optical fiber system. In daily maintenance, you should pay attention to two main aspects.
Keep Fiber Patch Cables Clean
According to a company survey, pollution is the primary cause of troubleshooting optical networks. Fibers are so fragile that once they are covered with dust or other pollutants, the light signals will be degraded. In addition, the metal particles produced by the wear of the optical fiber connector body and the optical fiber shell will block the optical fiber, resulting in the loss of signal, which will reduce the network performance. So it's important to keep the fiber patch cable clean. Reel type fiber cleaner, pen cleaner, fiber cleaning cloth and foam swab are common cleaning solutions.
Store Fiber Patch Cables Properly
The fiber cable is fragile, so don't overstretch or bend it. Make sure not to bump into anything on the fiber optic connector, on the one hand, these ends may wear or break. On the other hand, the broken glass at the fiber end can cut other people's skin. It is recommended to use protective covers when storing or pulling fibers.
The above content describes how to use and maintain the fiber patch cable. Follow these simple tips to help you deploy a more secure and stable fiber optic system.