Views: 61 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-04-23 Origin: Site
Optical fiber patch cords are used to make patch cords from equipment to optical fiber wiring links. There is a thick protective layer, which is generally used in the connection between the optical transceiver and the terminal box. It is used in optical fiber communication systems, optical fiber access networks, optical fiber data transmission, and local area networks.
Fiber optic patch cord are widely used in: communication equipment room, fiber to the home, local area network, fiber optic sensor, fiber optic communication system, fiber optic connection transmission equipment, defense combat readiness, etc. It is also applicable to cable television networks, telecommunications networks, computer optical fiber networks and optical test equipment. The breakdown is mainly applied to several aspects: optical fiber communication system, optical fiber access network, optical fiber data transmission, optical fiber CATV, local area network (LAN), test equipment and optical fiber sensor.
The receiving and sending wavelengths of the optical modules at both ends of the fiber cord must be the same, that is to say, the two ends of the fiber must be the same wavelength of the optical module. The simple way to distinguish is that the color of the optical module should be the same. In general, short-wave optical modules use multi-mode optical fibers (orange optical fibers), and long-wave optical modules use single-mode optical fibers (yellow optical fibers) to ensure the accuracy of data transmission.
Do not excessively bend or loop the fiber during use, as this will increase the attenuation of light during transmission. After using the fiber cord, be sure to protect the fiber connector with a protective sleeve. Dust and oil will damage the coupling of the fiber. If the fiber connector is dirty, you can clean it with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol, otherwise it will affect the communication quality.
1. The ceramic ferrule and the end surface of the ferrule must be wiped clean with alcohol and absorbent cotton before use.
2. The minimum bending radius of the optical fiber is not less than 150mm when used.
3. Protect the ferrule and the end surface of the ferrule to prevent bumps and pollution. Bring a dust cap in time after disassembly.
4. Do not look directly at the end of the fiber when the laser signal is transmitted.
5. In case of damage caused by man-made or other force majeure factors, the damaged optical fiber cord should be replaced in time.
6. Read the manual carefully before installation, and install and debug under the guidance of the manufacturer or distributor's engineer.
7. Abnormal situations in the optical fiber network or system can be tested one by one by the troubleshooting method. When testing or eliminating the cord fault, you can do the continuity test first, and you can usually use a visible laser pointer to judge the entire fiber link. Or further use a precision optical fiber insertion loss return loss instrument to test its indicators. If the indicators are within the qualified range, the cord indicates normal, otherwise it is not qualified.
Installing and maintain optical fiber connector requires professional tools, such as fiber optic pen, screen cleaning, cable cutter tool, fusion splicer machine, hand-held fiber optic inspection probe, fiber optic cable stripping splicing and welding tool kit. If you have requirements in this regard, Please contact Newsun Tech for details.