Views: 342 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-07-13 Origin: Site
An optical fiber distribution frame is a wiring connection device between an optical cable and an optical communication device or between optical communication devices.
The unit-type optical fiber distribution frame is to install multiple units on a rack, and each unit is an independent optical fiber distribution frame. This distribution frame not only retains the characteristics of the original small and medium-sized optical fiber distribution frame, but also provides space utilization through the structural deformation of the rack. It is an early common structure of large-capacity optical fiber distribution frame. However, due to its inherent limitations in providing space, there are certain inconveniences in operation and use.
The drawer-type optical fiber distribution frame also divides a rack into multiple units, and each unit is composed of one to two drawers. When welding and adjusting the wire, pull out the corresponding drawer to operate outside the rack, so that there is a larger operating space, so that each unit does not affect each other. The drawer is provided with a locking device in the state of being pulled out and pushed in, which can ensure the stability and accuracy of operation and the safety and reliability of the connecting devices in the unit. Although this kind of optical fiber distribution frame ingeniously provides a larger space for the operation of the optical cable terminal, but like the unit type, it still cannot provide maximum convenience in the storage and layout of the optical connection line. This type of rack is currently the most popular form.
The modular structure divides the optical fiber distribution frame into multiple functional modules. The fusion splicing of optical cables, wiring adjustment, storage of connecting lines and other functional operations are completed in each module. These modules can be combined and installed in a common rack as needed. This structure can provide maximum flexibility and better meet the needs of communication networks. The modular large-capacity optical fiber distribution rack introduced uses a unique structure such as a panel and drawer to make the fusion of optical fibers and the operation of wiring adjustment more convenient. In addition, the use of vertical wiring troughs and middle distribution frames effectively solves the problem of pigtail placement and storage. Therefore, it is the most popular kind of large-capacity optical fiber distribution frame, but its cost is relatively high.
The selection of optical fiber distribution frame is an important and complicated task. All localities should fully consider various factors according to the specific conditions of the local area, and on the basis of careful understanding and repeated comparison, we can select the fiber distribution frame that best meets the current needs and future development.
The following issues should be considered when choosing an optical fiber distribution frame.
1. Is the fiber patch panel installed on the wall or a 19”rack? The fiber distribution frame is usually installed in a 19” rack, and may be directly mounted on the wall for small installations.
2. Is there space left for the fiber optic cable? A certain amount of optical cable should be reserved to prevent the optical fiber from being broken in the distribution frame, to withstand excessive stress, and to prevent the optical fiber from being pulled out of the distribution frame.
3. Is there a protection device? An optical fiber protection device shall be provided inside the optical fiber distribution frame.
4. Versatility different couplers should be as versatile as possible on the distribution frame. For example, LC-type optical fiber distribution frame can be suitable for duplex LC / simplex SC / MTRJ type optical fiber adapter; ST-type optical fiber distribution frame can be suitable for ST and FC type optical fiber adapter. This greatly improves the usability of the product.
5. Is the structure flexible? This feature is still to improve the usability of the product. According to the structure, the optical fiber distribution frame can be divided into 3 types, namely wall-mounted, cabinet and rack. The wall-mounted type is generally a box structure, which is suitable for the office where the number of optical cables and the number of optical fiber cores are small. The cabinet type is a closed structure, the core capacity is relatively fixed, and the appearance is more beautiful. The rack type generally adopts a modular design. The user can select the corresponding module according to the number and specifications of the optical cable and assemble it flexibly on the rack. It is a future-oriented structure that can provide many Functional development provides convenient conditions. The fiber distribution frame should use aluminum profile frame as far as possible, its structure is firm, and its appearance is also beautiful. The external dimensions of the rack should be similar to the current standard transmission equipment rack to facilitate the arrangement of the machine room. The surface treatment process and colors should also be similar to other equipment in the equipment room to maintain the overall beauty of the equipment room.
If you know more information about optical fiber distribution frame, please communicate with me online.